My first weird FSX glitch... say it isnt so!!!

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Well, 9 months so far, and I havent been happier with FSX... I decided to try out the new Su Jet that was uploaded to the military aircraft section and took a leisurely flight from Riverside, CA to Mexico... just about 50mi below the Mexico/California border, I notice in the distance, a BIG BIG BIG hole in the ground. The closer I got to it, the LARGER it became... and DEEEEEP! So, here is what it looked like...

This pic shows how the hole looked from 22,000 feet up. You can tell by the city below, that its no small crater!

To put the distance that I am away from the hole into perspective, here is the map view... as you can see, Im still at least 30mi away from it.

Here I am diving into the hole from 22,000ft high... boy, this sure feels like the abyss!

Well, here I am on the bottom of the hole. At first, I thought it may have been 10,000ft below sea level, but it turned out to be exactly, 32,758ft below sea level! The outside temp also reached 202*f. Death valley, eat your heart out!

Well, I can only conclude that this is an issue with Ultimate Terrain X, and Xgraphics. From what I can tell, this is supposed to be a real lake, as I can see it on an atlas, but its definitly not this deep! lol.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

lol wow, are you flying the su34?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😳 You found it!
I wondered where I left it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Where is this at? 50 miles of CA border in Mexico then where?

Pro Member Trainee
Unholymoondog Trainee

I think I found the exact same thing, when flying from Jacksonville to LAX. I wanted to explore it, but I didn't want to mess up my schedule and be late 😕 😂

Besides my 787 is not quite as nimble as your Flanker !!

I might fly the route again today and get some screenies of my own and change my aircraft to somthing more appropriate.

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

an FSX easter egg?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

G0Nz0 wrote:

an FSX easter egg?

if it doesnt have to do with an addon yes. Yes
maybe someone should do a forum on fsx easter eggs? 🤔

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...