Weird problem with FSX! Please help!

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

I have this weird problem with FSX. No matter what view, I have this strip of graphic error across my screen. It follows the plane where ever it goes and if you look in the right direction, there it is! I had to take a screenshot to explain what I'm talking about, it's so strange! It's always there, but not necessarily always in the screen like you see. I can use the hat on the yoke and move the screen angle to view the plane without that thing there, but its only because it isn't in the screen, its still in the game. But it follows the plane around!

I deleted FSX.cfg and let the game make a new one, and it's still there. I know it's hard to see, but if you look at the right side of the screen, my plane is behind this "curtain". It only happens at night, so I can only take the screenshots to show you guys when it's dark on the screen. Using the hat on my flight yoke I can change the view and see the plane, but if I pan around far enough I can see the curtain again.

Any ideas?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

have you tried re-installing it?

if you do re-install make sure you will want to back up your add-ons in a seperate folder outside of the fsx folder

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

Well I was trying NOT to have to reinstall, since I was told after 2 times, you have to call Microsoft to get the game activated again. If I reinstall, that's it. Is it true after 2 activations you get problems with Microsoft?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can reinstall on the same machine as often as you wish.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

radar man is correct you can install it as many times as u want the same computer just not different ones.

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

How does Microsoft know that this is being activated on the same machine?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well my theory is that when the code is entered a script is sent to a microsoft computer and it stores your ip and when you try to put the code on a different computer the code will match with the previous one and match the ip thus sending microsoft a awareness thingy

note:i started to write kinda wierd im confused 😳

Pro Member Trainee
waterinthefuel Trainee

I wanted to let everybody know that in trying to reinstall it, it gave me the option to "repair" and it used both disks to do so. In repairing, it kept all of my add on planes and seemed to have resolved the weird graphics issue I had in the beginning of this thread. If it comes back or something else happens, I will re-instate this thread to keep everybody updated.

Repair before re-install, I guess that's the motto for me! LOL 😂

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

o BTW welcome to the forums 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...