Tweaking aircraft.cfg help

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Guys, after flying around the world with my EVA Air Airbus A380, I hope that I'll never have to fly with that plane again! First, the textures don't load up and second, I think it takes too long to switch views say from Cockpit to Spot view.

I thought about flying with the old Continental Airlines Airbus A380 again but its textures are too blurry. So, I took all the mipmaps away from it and it has no textures!

That leaves me with the Traffic 2005's flyable Airbus A380. I don't think it has reverse thrust or spoilers animation but when I took mipmaps away from it, it's textures loads up all of the time, which it is good news for me!

Now, all I gotta do is to make that A380 fly MOST REALISTICLY as possible.

When I test fly Traffic 2005's A380 today, it accelerates really fast and climbs really fast, not what I expected from it. Is there a code in the aircraft.cfg that could help me control how fast the A380 accelerates? Please respond!

Sorry for the long story.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

redownload the continental plane and when u fly it zoom in fully then go back to normal. it usually fixes my blurry textures 😉

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Well, actually, if I zoom in on it, the details come right up but if I zoom out, it becomes blurry.

Now, about the AI planes, how could I make reverse thrust and spoilers animation for my AI A380s? Do I need a certain code in the aircraft.cfg or somewhere else to make spoilers and reverse thrust move? I think the only animation on the Traffic 2005's AI is the flaps maybe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

sorry cant help u with that 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

Load the left and right fuselage textures up in DXTBmp and resave it in DXT3 format Wink Should fix the blurries 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

xXx-DeathKid-xXx wrote:

Load the left and right fuselage textures up in DXTBmp and resave it in DXT3 format Wink Should fix the blurries 🙂

Actually, it was already in DXT3 format but I saved it again anyway.

Unfortunately, the textures are still blurry. Here's a picture of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

i didnt think it was THAT bad 😳

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

Bloomin Heck! 😳

That is a MAJOR problem!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Uhh, close enough. With a couple of modifications like changing cockpit panels and changing sound, I could really make this my favorite again.

Then again, I'm considering to modify 2005's AI A380s if I know how to do it.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Hey guys, I put the mipmaps back on the EVA Air Airbus A380. There were many bitmap files in the texture folders so I only put mipmaps on the exterior textures. The textures might be blurry but hey, at least you can see the textures. I rather have an A380 with blurry textures ratther than having no textures at all!

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

Kevin, send the EVA package to my email: jamesharvey1994@blueyonder.co.uk

I will:

1. See how they show on my PC
2. Try and edit them to show up better

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Actually, this one is payware. It's called "Perfect Flight Fly the Airbus A380". I got it as a Christmas present.

And I can't find the installation program for it. Should I send only the folder or what?

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

Yes, send the whole file Wink Ill fix it up for you 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

xXx-DeathKid-xXx wrote:

Yes, send the whole file Wink Ill fix it up for you 🙂

Bad news, I tried to send the entire file to you but it's too big to attach to my email.

I also tried sending the files in groups of 3 emails to you but I thought the directions are going to be very complicated if installing files to one folder from 3 WinZip files.

I spent all evening trying to make this work but I think it's too time consuming.

So unfortunately, I can't send the files to you.

You can buy Perfect Flight Fly the Airbus A380 for your PC, see how it works on your PC and try sending to my email.

I have 2 emails: ktsai91@yahoo.com which can attach files up to 10 MB and mtsai20@aim.com which can attach files up to 16 MB.

There's a program that I used called DXTbmp. With this program, you can change texture files and stuff on it. Check it out. I used it to experiment with the aircraft textures and stuff.

If you want to, you can send the texture files in the Perfect Flight Fly the Airbus A380 to me if it's compatible with my graphics card.

I have a 16MB graphics card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

if u want i would say another option is too buy a new graphics card if u can afford it. 16mb is SMAAAAAAAAAAALLLL 😉

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

ditto, i may have a solution!

If the deal to get my geforce 7900gt goes through, i'll have a geforce 7600gs 256mb as well, i was gonna use it in SLI config, but, if my parents allow me, i might be able to sell it to you for £40! Wink

Up to you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

xXx-DeathKid-xXx wrote:

ditto, i may have a solution!

If the deal to get my geforce 7900gt goes through, i'll have a geforce 7600gs 256mb as well, i was gonna use it in SLI config, but, if my parents allow me, i might be able to sell it to you for £40! Wink

Up to you.

American dollar please 😉
though it sounds quite cheap. Kevintsai take the deal 😀

Pro Member Trainee
xXx-DeathKid-xXx Trainee

About $80-$85, as I say, i will need to discuss it with my parents and also buy the other card in order for this one to be up for sale though 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Yeah British pounds always equal more US dollars... lol. That does sound like a good deal though, if you can afford it I would get it Kevin, I bet it will help. Just make sure it will fit your computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

lol i still have trouble with american dollar cause i used to live in australia and used to their dollar 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...