Radio static

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Has anyone had static problems with FSX?

Whenever I run FSX and begin flying I get a terrible static or screeching sound intermitantly. This doesn't just happen when TAC is speaking, but anytime.

I've reinstalled and checked speakers, etc.

This does not happen with fs2004.

Any thoughts?

Mike Turner

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try going to "run" and type "dxdiag".
Click the sound tab, and move the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider all the way to the left.
See if that works.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I'm not sure if this could be the problem but once I also had this "screeching problem" (like a very, very high pitched sound)...and it was my CRT monitor behaving weirdly. Try switch it off and on to see if it goes.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I've had temporary static noise using ATC, the way I cleared it was to hit "Q" key then release. That for me cleared the noise.

Q=Sound off/On

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Thanks for your posts everyone. Radarman's advice,
"Try going to "run" and type "dxdiag".
Click the sound tab, and move the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider all the way to the left.
See if that works. "

seems to have worked.

Mike

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

kaz01007 wrote:

Thanks for your posts everyone. Radarman's advice,
"Try going to "run" and type "dxdiag".
See if that works. "

seems to have worked.

Mike

Great, thanks for saying so that'll help others.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...