Updated Intersections, VORs, etc?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Are there downloads for more intersections, VORs, etc? In VATSIM, I'm planning to use SIDS and STARS and high altitude airways (maybe).

However, when I tried to look for a certain intersection, points, and stuff, it's not there in the default FS2004 flight planner. I'm beginning to suspect that FS2004 has outdated intersections; maybe some even got renamed or moved or maybe even disappeared!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The navigation data within FS is only current as of when they manufactured the program(2003-2004) and there is no way to update the data.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

That begs the question... how often WOULD info like that be updated... do the flight plans change that much over the course of a few years?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

belgeode wrote:

That begs the question... how often WOULD info like that be updated... do the flight plans change that much over the course of a few years?

Actually, I think so. You see, when I did my Newark to Zurich flight for example, I used an online flight planner (for simulation use only) and I printed it out. Then, when I was using the FS2004 flight planner, I noticed that some intersections were missing. I even checked the exact coordinates and it was still not there. I thought that maybe the intersections weren't published yet or maybe the intersection got renamed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Real world data is updated every 28 days. Changes are sometimes large but normally very small.

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

This is a similar topic to one I raised recently here.

In reality the data changes are small in detail (per revision), but they are, nevertheless, changes!

I've found that these minor differences are becoming more common the more "out of date" FS9 becomes. Quite frankly, I'm amazed at, given the number of sites dedicated to updating real-world data, nobody offers an update for the most important of all - Flight Simulator itself.

I presume then that Microsoft have rendered this aspect of FS inaccessible.

Meanwhile we continue with increasingly erroneous data. Eventually forcing an upgrade from what is otherwise the best Flight Simulator platform ever [my opinion].

P.S I'm not much for FSX yet. I personally think FS9 does all it's supposed to do in terms of software add-ons.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...