Learning the Hard Way.....

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

- Programmed a flight from KSEA to KLAS for a V/A flight using the manual the best I could using the FMC

- Take-off and activated the A/P @ 5000 feet

The I noticed I was headed in the wrong direction! So I look at the PFD and looked into a spider's web!!! I mean I would have been flying over KSEA about five times and never would have made it to Los Vegas!!

I remembered about how to fix the Discos (Discontinuity) by programming your waypoints into the system to fix broken flight paths, so I used the map and programmed the intersections all the way to my destinations....

It was really easier than I thought!!! It was llike connecting dots!! 😀

So here is how you can do it:

1) make a flight plan through FSX

2) at the desided gate, look at your map

3) look at the proposed flight line, you'll find either red or blue traingles, they are the intersections. These intersections has names (BEATTY, DECAY, KIDDS....etc.)

4) enter the names intersections, from the start to the finish of your flight plan into your FMC and activate your FMC. (I added intersections all the way to the destination airport, then up to 2 miles from the runway). I also use my intersections help set up my rate of decent for the runway.

I know that this isn't the right way to program the FMC by the manual, but I found it easier.

Just a little observation I thought I'd share. 😎

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

What aircraft was this?

Pro Member Captain

Traches wrote:

What aircraft was this?

Oh I forgot...sorry. 😂

I am using the Ariane 737-800. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I see... I couldn't gather up the courage to ask Embarassed

What is that which keeps stirring in the deepest recesses of my brain... Umm...

Oh, right - unlike Men, not all FMCs are created equal 😂

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

How about
Just following the railroad tracks?

Pro Member Captain

oldsamer wrote:

How about
Just following the railroad tracks?

Didn't want to wake the people below by flying so low..... 😀

BTW oldsamer....you know I am in the neighborhood, right?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Ya.. I know where Irwin is. I still suffer an unreasonable aversion to the National Training Center (NTC) since my first victory focus 15 odd years ago. Both sons share my feelings and they've been through more recently.

Last week's Army Times had a front page story about cleaning out all the CONUS campers for Afghanistan, you sweating that?

Pro Member Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Ya.. I know where Irwin is. I still suffer an unreasonable aversion to the National Training Center (NTC) since my first victory focus 15 odd years ago. Both sons share my feelings and they've been through more recently.

Last week's Army Times had a front page story about cleaning out all the CONUS campers for Afghanistan, you sweating that?

No guy....I am down here.....

At Bliss.

😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...