Great sounds for the Huey

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

For those of you who've been looking for nice Huey sounds I'd suggest you download the FS2004 Bell 205 UH-1H Iroquois Las Vegas Metro Police-Rescue Air Unit-5 from www.simvation.com

The file is complete... no additional downloads required. This Huey doesn't only look great, it flies (if you know how to fly it) well as well. Sound strange? I know it does.

What I'm really excited about is the soundset. I've got about a dozen Hueys installed atm -- I've tried many over the years - but none of them came even close to the authentic sound.

If the sound of your aircraft is important to you and you are a Huey fan like I am, go get the file I mentioned above. It's on page 36 fs2004helicopters at simvation.

For your convenience I've uploaded a little sample of the most familiar Huey sounds here.

Needless to say, if you have or know of another good Huey soundset, I'm open-minded... yes! ...and please share 😀

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i just downloaded the huey you posted. well done sir! have you tried it in fsx? it does sound really good, and flies well too! i love the huey, it's the coolest heli there is (imo) i fly the one pictured below, that i got from hovercontrol. i think the sounds that come with it are almost as good as the one you got from simviation, but the v/c does not come close. the one you posted is MUCH BETTER BY FAR. thanks for the heads up!

oh, btw, do you know what that is behind the copter? the first time i saw it i thought it was a condensing unit, and an oxy bottle for a cutting torch. as that makes absolutely no sense, it must be something else.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Huey = the best!

Nice shot there cheezy!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thanks for the info Tailhook i'll be checking that out 😀 !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I haven't tried this Huey in fsx cheezyflier. I don't think the gauges will work.

Behind the copter on your picture? Looks like someone has set up a picnic there 😀

Welshflyer I figured you might check this one out -- how could you resist. I finally stumbled over the Seasprite in one of your screen shot series - that is one beautiful chopper and has great flight dynamics Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Since I'm lazy 😳 to type in the Las Vegas.... can somebody post a link to that Huey, please! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Since I'm lazy 😳 to type in the Las Vegas.... can somebody post a link to that Huey, please! 😎

Gladly Vegas 😀
http://www.simviation.com/fs2004helicopters36.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thank you very much. I appreciate that. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...