Airports with arresting cables

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

are there any airports in fsx that include arresting wires on the runways?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

To be honest i have never heard of a land based airport with arresting cables on the runway.

I will do a lil research on that because if i do find any fink in fsx, fs9 or even real world i would love to see them.

I doute it very much though!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

many airports that double as military bases have them

Ethan Jones Guest

I have recently seen a video on youtube and a RAAF F-111 belly landed at Amberley RAAF base in Queensland. Its landing gear didn't come down so it had to belly land on the runway and it had a tail hook down. The hook then caught an arrestor cable and the F-111 came to a hault.

I hope this helped you guys.

The link to the video is here.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRzU7aANAXck&ei=eOFVU_7IB8bUkQWNroCoBA&usg=AFQjCNEwIEAAaZWGB7PivVfGpVoOx8CaxQ&sig2=Rk4z7MKMlwt_eu2VDJsnYg&bvm=bv.65177938,d.dGI

Just copy that text into your search bar.

Ethan Jones Guest

Sorry. When it said just copy and paste this into your search bar in my last comment. IGNORE IT! okay.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...