In Flight Refueling....

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Okay I have been working with some guys with deploying the refueling probe on the F/A- 18 so we can try to do a in-flight refuel. Problem is, we couldn't figure out what specific key we can use to extend or retract the probe. After spending some time working around the F/A -18 panels I found the switch:

This switch will allow you to extend and retract the probe for refueling....now the real trick is to dock with a refueling aircraft to get fuel; if anyone flies them!!! I am working on seeing if I can get my Viking (see multiplayer thread) to carry extra fuel to refuel other aircrafts. 😀

later.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I think you posted in the wrong forum.. This should be in General.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

But will your plane actually fuel or will you have to dock and go to the fuel tab?

Pro Member Captain

Karlw wrote:

But will your plane actually fuel or will you have to dock and go to the fuel tab?

I believe so.... there is a KC-135 tanker that is equipped to do mid-air refueling for AI and multiplayer. I'll try it out today. 😀

Pro Member Captain

IN FLIGHT REFUELING WORKS!!!! 😀

I am trying different aircrafts now. 😎

Pro Member Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

IN FLIGHT REFUELING WORKS!!!! 😀

I am trying different aircrafts now. 😎

I stand corrected.

I had one guy say he went from 25% to 80% during refuel, but when I went on another multiplayer server, it didn't work at all. If I can get this to work, I will apply this to the KC-10 Tanker.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

What aircraft are you using and where did you get it?

Pro Member Captain

n7xlq1 wrote:

What aircraft are you using and where did you get it?

I first started with the KC135 (don't remember where i got it from, but I ended up with a Airforce DC-10 extender from Commercial Level Simulations. This would be the aircraft we will be trying to mod for in-flight refuelling to work.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Hi everyone,

I'm interested, how does this work? Is there a multiplayer session I need to join? Is this an add on? Can someone please explain this to me? This sounds quite interesting

Thanks

-Orion

Pro Member Trainee
John Barnes (barney2) Trainee

Any further developments on the air to air refueling for FSX multiplayer and or the Acceleration

Pro Member Trainee
Ivy_Mike_AU Trainee

Me and some friends are very interested in mid air refueling. We did a LAN session and had the KC-135 and some Aplhasim prowlers (they have the nozzle on the front). The problem is that when you lower the boom to refuel from the KC-135 (shift q I think) that the other players cant see the boom lower. Another thing is that the "female" part on the KC-135 doesnt seem to be the same shape as the "male" part on any aircraft.

There is a Captainsim C-130 with refuleing lines on the wings that look like they would fit the nozzles but I dont have this plane.

If anyone has actually done a mid air refuel themselves can they post a step by step inc key commands please?

Thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...