Is thi modeld into fs?

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I was flyng the pmdg 744 at flight level 310 running about 95.6 percent RPM when I climbed to Flight level 350 I was averaging 100% RPM now even though my engine is running at a higher RPM will the fuel consumption be less (even in flight sim 9)?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I wouldn't have a clue but I think range comes into consideration, so depending on what range your flight is 😉

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

True however I've seen qantas 744 at Klax before and I've attempted the same trip with the pmdg 744 with undesirable results

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

True however I've seen qantas 744 at Klax before and I've attempted the same trip with the pmdg 744 with undesirable results

Try the Posky model and see what happens 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

trick question...

the air is thinner at FL350 than at FL310.

Thinner air= higher RPMs

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

But less fuel burn I assume?

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

I dunno if im right or wrong here but i thought pilots of heavy aircrafts like 747 i thought if thay go higher lets say FL350 or FL400 that saves them more fuel for there trip.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

From what i hear yes Morris... we should ask CRJCapt... he would know best.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

But less fuel burn I assume?

Yes 😉

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Does your FMC not give you an optimum flight level Karl?
That should be the level at which you burn the least amount of fuel...

And even if not, when you're at - say - FL350, you can still check the fuel flow rate and your GS, then climb to FL390 and check fuel flow again, but maintain same GS.... that should give you the answer.. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...