NOISY ONBOARD FAN? L@@K

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

If you have a motherboard that has an onboard fan such as ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe etc and its noisy your are in luck!!

Instead of purchasing a new motherboard or complaining to ASUS or the motherboard manufacture about it i have found the best way how to stop the fan moaning!!

you will need:

1X LOCTITE 7063 CLEANER REINIGER (With Straw!!)
10X Baby Cotton Buds (Ear Sticks for cleaning out way in your ears)

SWITCH OFF PC AND DISCONNECT POWER!!

1) Open computer case and locate your onboard fan
2) Once located unscrew the fans screws
3) Unscrw the actual fan from the fan holder
4) Unplug fan from motherboard and get LOCTITE 7063 CLEANER REINIGER and blast fan with it, getting in all the gaps. Best do this over a sink
5) Let fan dry in natrual room temp air for 2 mins or so
6) Now blast away at fan houseing with LOCTITE 7063 CLEANER REINIGER
7) Using cotton buds, scrape away the dust etc
😎 Leave fan housing to dry
9) Once everything is dry, CAREFULY screw in the fan then its cover
10) Plug in everything, plug in power cord and switch on.

Your fan will look and sound as good as new.

You can use thi cleanier on ANYTHING. you could if you wanted clean our car with it!

The LOCTITE 7063 CLEANER REINIGER drys in air so there is no need to dry with paper towel. It dosn't matter if any of the cleaner gets over your motherboard because it will evaporate extreamly quickly. Its not flamable once its evaporated!!

Try it for your self. LOCTITE 7063 CLEANER REINIGER.

great for treating that noisy onboard fan (ASUS fans mainly)

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would suggest using some thermal paste when replacing that fan.
If you want better performance replace it with a copper Zalman fan again using thermal paste.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Good idea. Never thought of that. But wouldn't thermal paste get inthe way of the spining fans?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tiny tiny amount, a grain of rice, no more than that. Read on.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

For smaller Athlon XP and Intel CPUs you really only need something like the equivalent to half a grain of rice

Lol. When i first put my heatsink to the CPU i applied the whole tube of the thermal paste. I spread it out and was about 1mm think. I was looking at the CPU just a min ago, when i cleaned out my onboard fan and near enough all the paste has gone :O. has it evaporated?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dannyboy2005 wrote:

For smaller Athlon XP and Intel CPUs you really only need something like the equivalent to half a grain of rice

Lol. When i first put my heatsink to the CPU i applied the whole tube of the thermal paste. I spread it out and was about 1mm think. I was looking at the CPU just a min ago, when i cleaned out my onboard fan and near enough all the paste has gone :O. has it evaporated?

I've never used it, it may as you say evaporate in time when exposed to the air.
Someone who has built a computer could probably answer that easily.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...