Rudders...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I got a set of CH rudder pedals for X-Mas. They are apparently set up correctly accoring to the defaults and calibration... but I'm finding them way too sensitive. I tried to change the settings in the game by moving the sensitivity sliders to the left, but they don't seem to work right and when I apply the brakes even slightly, they stay locked? I was wondering if any of you have a good setting and what the heck the null sliders are for? I assume by sliding the rudder sensitivity sliders to the left, they become less sensitive??? I like the rudders, but don't need T-38 talon rudder response for my Grumman Goose. I'd like to get a more realistic feel to the pedals which as I recall on the actual Goose are a tad less agressive...

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I find that I have to push the brakes all the forward once before I start rolling or else the brakes lock when using the rudder. I don't know why. I never had to adjust the sensitivity on them, they seem right to me. But if you are using rudder pedals on the sim for the first time, I could see how you would oversteer with them, I still do sometimes. Usually when I taxi I leave my heels on the floor and push them with the tops of my feet which helps to make smaller control inputs. I don't usually ever keep my whole foot on the pedal. The problem with simulator devices is that there's no realistic resistance to them. Also, if you ever watch someone taxi a real plane for the first time they go all zig zag usually.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers -
Had the same problem several months ago when I purchased them......I talked to CH and here's what they told me to do and by golly, they have worked flawlessly................

1. Download CH Control Manager from CH site
Make sure you download HubRoot file and install first.......

2. Open CH Control Manager, go to "Calibrate"................

Here you can set up any type of sensitivity you want......

3. HERE'S the "trick" they told me to do and it was a "godsend"........
When "calibration" tells you to let pedals be "centered", PUT A CD case under each pedal, then "click" done......and move on............this allows you to have feet on pedals without actuating brake/differential brakes.......................IT WORKS...

Good luck............cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Hay cthiggin !
You forgot to disclam that "HubRoot file " from CH is only necessary for Vista.

My Ch products didn't work as expected, although FSX did recognize them and assigned functions.

Until I downloaded and installed "Control manager" , but I didn't need root hub cause I'm still OSing with win Xp.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Oops - sorry about that.......................I've used Vista for 9 months now, flawlessly, (guess I'm one of the lucky ones???).........and I forget that the majority of us/you are still with XP................................
I still had the calibration issues until Control Manager was installed........

cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...