logitech extreme 3d pro joystick

spuddi Guest

I haven't much money to spend but would like a joystick with with a hat switch (for the VC) and also a twist handle (for the rudders).

I was thinking that the "logitech extreme 3d pro joystick" looks like my best bet for the cheapest I can get.

Is there anyone with this joystick who can tell me if its any good?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

spuddi wrote:

I haven't much money to spend but would like a joystick with with a hat switch (for the VC) and also a twist handle (for the rudders).

I was thinking that the "logitech extreme 3d pro joystick" looks like my best bet for the cheapest I can get.

Is there anyone with this joystick who can tell me if its any good?

It's a very good product for the money, so don't let my experience (in the other thread that BashDaBish linked) sway you. Mine started acting up after the warranty was over, but I still use it, I just have to calibrate it a lot. I'm sure that isn't a typical thing, because as you know all brands have a lemon here and there.

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

I really enjoy the logitech joystick. It is cheap and of fairly good quality. Plus, you get force feedback and all that.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

It's a great joy stick. Never had any problems with it.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Blake14 wrote:

I really enjoy the logitech joystick. It is cheap and of fairly good quality. Plus, you get force feedback and all that.

That's a different model though. The one he asked about doesn't have force feedback. Wink

spuddi Guest

yeah I was thinking of the cheaper extreme pro, without the force (money is an issue). its a silver one, has anybody tried it?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

spuddi wrote:

yeah I was thinking of the cheaper extreme pro, without the force (money is an issue). its a silver one, has anybody tried it?

◄This is the one I have.

I love it, but I have to calibrate a lot. Other people don't, and since I've cleaned out drivers, added new, and tried everything else I can think of it just comes down to a flaw in mine (perhaps my wife went gonzo on it while I was out, lol). Love the programmability, the rudder action in the twist-grip, the hat switch, placement of buttons (count 'em, 12!), and the weight of the thing is impressive.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

its a great stick. i got it. i love the twist rudder. thats awesome. plus the hat switch in the VC. one of the best w/o forcefeedback. i also have a logitech attack 3

spuddi Guest

thanks guys i'll get one

spuddi Guest

well I got my birthday money today so i'm going to get the Joystick at the weekend. having had a nosey on the web there does seem to be quite a few people with calibration issues with theirs.

do you think I will need to install the drivers or will XP plug and play?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Spuddi

I ll suggest in any case install the drivers.Even xp has recognise ur new hardware.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

SoCalRick - You can't say that about your wife hehe he !

I had the Joystick in question and loved it because it slightly leans forward in a way that makes it look a lot like the real 'Sidesticks' on the Airbus planes... = 😎

...However, I'm afraid I had all the calibration issues so ended up changing it for the Saitek Cyborg that's in the pic below.

I would love the Logitech but did get fed up with calibrating for every session - the Cyborg needs calbrating about once a year !

They were the same price when I got them.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Pro-Sim wrote:

SoCalRick - You can't say that about your wife hehe he !

LOL, she's a sweetie until you get her upset, then stand back! Wink

Actually she would never sabatoge my Flight Sim stuff because when my attention is on flying she gets on her computer and goes shopping, the little devil. Evil or Very Mad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...