IZArc - Utility

Pro Member Trainee
Josue (90josue03) Trainee

Hello!

IZArc its a great utility that I have come to use instead of winzip or any other utility that helps to unzip and compress files.

I can't really explain why it would be better than winzip, because I stop using winzip a long time ago and switched to this 🙂

But there is more info at the website

Give it a shot!!

http://www.izarc.org/

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Windows XP and I'd assume Vista have the ability to open or create .zip files built in, you don't need third party programs. IZArc may be helpful with the more obscure compressed files but Windows handles the basic .zip files just fine.

Pro Member Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Windows XP and I'd assume Vista have the ability to open or create .zip files built in, you don't need third party programs. IZArc may be helpful with the more obscure compressed files but Windows handles the basic .zip files just fine.

I guess it doesn't do a "super job" considering there is people making small little tools like this 🙂 thanks for the comment!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It is better for advanced manipulation of zip and other compressed files than just Windows. The only reason I said that you don't need it is because some don't know that Windows will open or compress a zip file, normally that's all you need to do. It looks like a good program for those with more detailed needs. No disrespect intended.👍

Pro Member Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

It is better for advanced manipulation of zip and other compressed files than just Windows. The only reason I said that you don't need it is because some don't know that Windows will open or compress a zip file, normally that's all you need to do. It looks like a good program for those with more detailed needs. No disrespect intended.👍

Non taken!!! I just get mad every time I talk about all of windows little problems, it drives me crazy 🙂

Anyways, thanks for the comeback 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

90josue03 wrote:

I just get mad every time I talk about all of windows little problems, it drives me crazy 🙂

Did you say "little" 😳
What do I have to eat to become an optimist of your caliber? Umm...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...