How to cancel my subscription

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Hello folks,

Well, I have tried the site for quite a while now and would like to cancel. But, there is no instruction on how to do this. I mostly joined hoping that there would be more mission submissions and I am disappointed by the lack of missions for five bucks a month. Can someone help?
Thanks,
Paul

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Notify Pay-Pay to stop all payments to Flyaway.
That's the simplest way.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Thanks Radarman, that is the way to do it.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

(PAY-PAL)

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Hi why are you paying $5 a month when this website a one off payment of $5 for life membership. I have only payed once that was about 2 years ago

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Yeah..,somethings weird there. For me man, the $5.00 was well worth it. As with most thing you only get out of it what you put into it. If you are looking for somthing not here, get it on a forum and see if there's any interest. I'm sure any new ideas would help the site and your enjoyment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Llain wrote:

Hi why are you paying $5 a month when this website a one off payment of $5 for life membership. I have only payed once that was about 2 years ago

The administrator changed it to $5 a month, I think last year.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

RadarMan wrote:

Notify Pay-Pay to stop all payments to Flyaway.
That's the simplest way.

Radar

In fact, thats the only way - our terms state:

CANCELLATION:
Any member may cancel their monthly membership at any time for any reason. Please note; we cannot cancel your membership for you or cancel it via an e-mail request. Users must login to their PAYPAL account and cancel their own membership via the PayPal website.

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

I didn't know they had changed the membership to $5 a month, I am glad i have life time membership for $5 well worth it

Pro Member First Officer

I feel strangely guilty.... 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

They did change it last year and I really don't think it's worth it, that is whay I am cancelling. I joined mostly for missions but soon realized that the forum is really the strong point on this site. Even though the forum support is great it's still not worth a fin every month. I discovered Computer Pilot magazine and would rather spend the money on that for now. Thanks to all the forum for help and especially Radarman.
Cheers,
Paul

Pro Member First Officer

I would agree that $5.00 a month seems a tad high. Perhaps anually? In any case it's about the same cost or actually less than a magazine a month.

Long live the Forums!

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

I'll smoke to that!

Later ... Art

Pro Member Trainee
opertinicy Trainee

As far as I can tell (in 2024), you still have to use PayPal to cancel the subscription. I cancelled my subscription immediately..I don't like the concept of having to search how to cancel a subscription (this should be readily available).Appearently if you used credit/debit, you have to email them to cancel, which is kinda dubious. https://flyawaysimulation.com/contact/#cancelpro

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...