KIRK OLSSON F-16 PANEL/ AFTERBURNER/ VAPOR HELP!

Pro Member Trainee
ORSAG Trainee

Hello,

I am looking for the "BEST" quality addon PANEL/HUD-AFTERBURNER EFFECT - WING TIP VAPOR add on for the f-16 by "Kirk Olsson"

When I load Kirk's f-16 in fs9 there is no HUD or 2D panel , when I try other view's Ie: hud - hud bright etc: the cockpit is "dark"

I also need some "straight forward" hopefully detailed instruction's on how to load them in fs9. 😕

Kind Regards
venom

[size=18][/size

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums ORSAG 🍻

Yet another great Kirk Olsson creation. Improvements have been made to the original and the one I've been flying ever since it's release is this one:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2623/fsx-lockheed-martin-f-16-fighting-falcon/

Needless to say you take the one at the bottom of the page, uncharacteristically both files share the same name...

This file is complete, ABs work and everything else you can think of. For your future reference, if you ever come across another file developed by this team, you can bank on it. They're the real deal.

Now to the installation, it's pretty straight forward:

After having extracted the contents of f-16c_haf_v3.zip you'll be left with a .txt file and a folder: F-16C_HAF_v3... place this folder as is into your fs9 / aircraft directory.
Next, open this F-16C_HAF_v3 folder.

Amongst the many folders and other files you'll find an 'effects' folder (probably at the top of the list) --- open this 'effects' folder and copy and paste all of its contents into your fs9 / effects directory - there should be 19 effects total.

Next step: Open the 'gauges' folder (also on top of the list) and copy and paste all of its contents (including the subfolder 'Falcon') into your fs9 / gauges directory - there should be 55 items total (including the 'Falcon' folder). Your done.

Have fun 😀

Pro Member Trainee
ORSAG Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

Welcome to the forums ORSAG 🍻

Yet another great Kirk Olsson creation. Improvements have been made to the original and the one I've been flying ever since it's release is this one:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2623/fsx-lockheed-martin-f-16-fighting-falcon/

Needless to say you take the one at the bottom of the page, uncharacteristically both files share the same name...

This file is complete, ABs work and everything else you can think of. For your future reference, if you ever come across another file developed by this team, you can bank on it. They're the real deal.

Now to the installation, it's pretty straight forward:

After having extracted the contents of f-16c_haf_v3.zip you'll be left with a .txt file and a folder: F-16C_HAF_v3... place this folder as is into your fs9 / aircraft directory.
Next, open this F-16C_HAF_v3 folder.

Amongst the many folders and other files you'll find an 'effects' folder (probably at the top of the list) --- open this 'effects' folder and copy and paste all of its contents into your fs9 / effects directory - there should be 19 effects total.

Next step: Open the 'gauges' folder (also on top of the list) and copy and paste all of its contents (including the subfolder 'Falcon') into your fs9 / gauges directory - there should be 55 items total (including the 'Falcon' folder). Your done.

Have fun 😀

Denny,

Thank you for the reply and info. I will give this a try today

kind regards 😀 😀

Orsag

Denny,

I loaded the file(thanks again) however my hud , and both mfd's are blank. I do not even have a pitch ladder! 😕 ❓

I followed your instruction's as posted? Is there anything else I need? ❓

kind regards

Dennis 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Its Tailhook not Denny...thats just his signature, but then again.... 😂
And welcome to the forums 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, this is what my panel looks like:

As you can see, everything is where it is supposed to be -- you can even see my hands on throttle and stick 😀

I'm guessing that you don't have FSUIPC yet. Download it from here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1689/fsx-fsuipc/

After you've extracted the .zip folder and opened the folder named 'FSUIPC', copy and paste the FSUIPC.dll 3.8.0.0 file into your Modules folder which resides in your main fs9 directory: Program Files / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator 9 / Modules.

If you followed my instructions regarding the installing of the gauges and effects above correctly (better check twice) -- you should now be in business.

NOTE: Even if everything works fine now, you 'might' still get a warning prompt when you load this aircraft, something referring to the version of FSUIPC... you can just ignore this warning and continue loading the a/c.

One of these days you'll have to explain to me what a 'pitch ladder' is... do I have one? ...do I need one? ...does it have to do with taring and feathering witches?

Denny Crane.

Pro Member Trainee
ORSAG Trainee

Tailhook,

I figured it out, thanks to your"very much"appreciated help!!! 😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...