FlightDeck4 Carrier Elevator

Pro Member Trainee
burton Trainee

I was wondering if this did work? I've been taxiing around all day but it doesn't seem to go down at all...is there a button you press?
Any help would be nice! 😀

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

burton wrote:

I was wondering if this did work? I've been taxiing around all day but it doesn't seem to go down at all...is there a button you press?

Welcome to the circus burton 🍻

I very much hope that I'm not telling you lies. To the best of my knowledge, the FD elevators are purely cosmetic.
You must have lost about 4 KG in bodyweight seeing that you've been taxiing around the deck all day 😀

I've had one or two carriers in the past where you could choose to dept. from the elevator, but neither FD4 nor FD5 were one of those. Besides, departing from the elevator merely meant that that's where you were parked (the elevator was already elevated 😛 ) and you had to taxi to one of the CATs for launch.

So, the moral of the story (if I'm right that is), you'll just have to bite the bullet and withstand those G during launch and... the real fun part, find a wire when you're trying to recover.

Great fun, join the club 😀

Pro Member Trainee
burton Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

burton wrote:

Welcome to the circus burton 🍻

I very much hope that I'm not telling you lies. To the best of my knowledge, the FD elevators are purely cosmetic.
You must have lost about 4 KG in bodyweight seeing that you've been taxiing around the deck all day 😀

I've had one or two carriers in the past where you could choose to dept. from the elevator, but neither FD4 nor FD5 were one of those. Besides, departing from the elevator merely meant that that's where you were parked (the elevator was already elevated 😛 ) and you had to taxi to one of the CATs for launch.

So, the moral of the story (if I'm right that is), you'll just have to bite the bullet and withstand those G during launch and... the real fun part, find a wire when you're trying to recover.

Great fun, join the club 😀

Thank you for the quick reply! ?I've been a member here for aw least a year, maybe 2. Just never had the need to post in the forum! 😀

I was wondering about the elevators because I was going to make a short film, a reenactment of the takeoff scene of Top Gun. 😀

BTW - I didn't mean be parked on it...I mean't if you parked over it, folded the wings, and opened cockpit, the elevator would lower into the hanger.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I know what you meant 🙂 Hopefully in the future we'll have working elevators and to do the reenactment of the takeoff scene of Top Gun as a vid is a great idea!

PLEASE leave Tom Cruise out of it though 😳

😀

Pro Member Trainee
burton Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

I know what you meant 🙂 Hopefully in the future we'll have working elevators and to do the reenactment of the takeoff scene of Top Gun as a vid is a great idea!

PLEASE leave Tom Cruise out of it though 😳

😀

LOL...will do!

It seems when I spawned on the CVN this time, the elevator to my left was down...I assume this is just the fact that it loads the game like that...

IF anyone has working elevators please give me a hollar!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I doubt you will get a response on that... Tailhook is right... none of the elevators... well... elevate.

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

yes quite right... there won't be any -esculation- here!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ROFL I bit my tongue when I read bel's post... that's when I started lithping...

...now I don't know what I have to do... bribe my eunuchs to grant me passage? 🍅

Pro Member First Officer

I'll go and get my knife... It's described as -uplifting-

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Umm... ...what you intend to do with the knife? 😳

Pro Member First Officer

Ha, ha, ha etc. etc.... Change the pitch of your voice of course Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...pfft, how crude, I've been through the 'bricks-treatment'

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

OUCH

Pro Member First Officer

Yup .... you win ( Devil + Whip =:bow🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...