What are the best realism settings for the controls?

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Last weekend I took my first flight in a DG1000S sailplane. It was fantastic! However, I quickly learned my simulator settings are nowhere near as sensitive as the real thing. I've never flown a prop plane, but having sampled flying a real sailplane, I can say my control stick is nowhere near as touchy.

I even tried putting my realism settings on realistic but it still didn't seem as sensitive/responsive as the real deal.

Can anyone let me know what the best settings are for my control stick (Extreme 3D Pro) and the general realism settings for FSX? I want to know when I'm flying that it is absolutely as close to the real thing as possible so the next time I'm up in the sky for real it won't be such a shock.

😀

Also, should I have auto rudder turned off even though I don't have rudder pedals?

Thanks!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

Have rudder pedals - auto rudder off. auto rudder applies the correct rudder to aleron combo to keep the aircraft in balance thruout a turn -eg- for lazy or s**t pilots or those without pedals. I strongly advise saitek pro flight rudder pedals. As for sensitivity settings. Just play around with them to find a balance between ease if use and realism

Pro Member Trainee
1LtLoric Trainee

Now, it could my 'my bad', but I have a vague memory of a menu saying "maximum realism"?

Pro Member First Officer

yes settings then general roll it all the way right for max realism

Pro Member Trainee
toddbreda Trainee

Okay, I shut off auto rudder and have my settings on max realism. Definitely a lot harder but I'm already getting used to it. I did try the sailplane and the controls feel much closer to the real thing now.

Thanks...

Pro Member First Officer

happy to help

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...