Best Realism settings for flying helicopters ?

Blurred Vision Guest

Hi all,

after a long time and a huge computer upgrade 🙂 i started to explore the world of Flight Simulator (have FS9).
Lately I got interested into helicopters...

In my opinion the flight models (globally, the behaviour of the copters) with the realism setting maxed out (hard) is not realistic (i also heard and read it in few places) .

So the question is : What are the best realism settings for FS9 (FS2004) to get the most real / realistic helicopter behaviour ?

(they can't be that hard to fly like with realism:hard in FS9 in real life 🙂 )

Thanks in advance 😀

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They used to have lessons here, and now it looks as if they have training videos.
Give it a try, I find the helicopters a difficult aircraft to handle.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

THAT LINK HELPED ME ALOT THANK YOU

Blurred Vision Guest

It really helps, they know what to do on hovecontrol.

The copters are that hard to fly but there are two things to help in FS9.

adjust the realism level ("general" slider one point left [from the most-right = hardest]

and adjust the sensitivity of your joystick (sensitivity : max , null zone : none)

It really helps and now its possible to learn copter flying 🙂

(offcourse the best is to have joystick with thrust and pedals, but I got joystick with rudder and thrust and it works great, nevertheless you have to got something to steer the rudder [its really important with copters], either on joystick or some keys on the keyboard)

Thanks again !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...