Quadrant issues...

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I am running three CH controllers on my system for FSX. CH Yoke,
CH Rudder Pedals, and CH Throttle Quadrant. Recently the Quadrant stopped responding in the sim. It shows on the computer as a gaming device and even in the controls section of FSX. Any ideas of why it's not working? It is enabled but in free flight, does not work at all.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

not to be a smart Censored

but are you sure nothing has become unplugged, too many people have complained about these problems and come to find something just got unplugged or loosened by accident

Pro Member First Officer

Hmmm, I can see why you're a Captain... Captain Obvious!!!

Seriously though all cords have been checked, different ports tried, several restarts, etc,etc. with the same result. I've uninstalled FSX for the umpteenth time and will go through the whole install once again. Very time consuming as you need to redo all the settings and the quadrant comes with really idiotic lever assignments unlike any aircraft I've ever run across, well maybe the classic "AugerIn 200 series". Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

hhmmmm.....

perhaps reinstalling the software for the controls?
recalibration?

there are many ways to fixing this problem, im just starting with the obvious (obviously) to save any heartache.

i can only suggest running through the basics.

Pro Member First Officer

FSX is microsoft-speak for heartache... and a few other choice words. A massive memory hog, it seems to have a lot of problems. Although it does seem every time I install SP2 I get more problems than if I simply leave it. Perhaps that's the problem, I did install SP2 just before these issues. I'm going to bite the bullet and re do the whole install from scratch once again. A pain, but really the best option. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

do what you want.....im going to bed Yawn

Pro Member First Officer

Uh Ok...

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Let me give 2 more avenues to explore.

1. CH has a free software download program (control manager 4.x) that integrates their various controllers and acts as calibrator, troubleshooter, reassigner, etc.
I used to use it, but right now I just accept FSX'es interpition of my flight stick.

2. I just solved a throttle problem, wherein a saved flight was opening with 1/2 power AND THAT WAS MINIMUM STTING! (I leave engine running when I park on the ramp). Seems I'd saved the flight at that setting and FSX thought that's Z's minimun. Increasing Z sensitivity in FSX control panel and saving at idle solved that one.

Pro Member First Officer

Control manager doesn't seem to be much help, neither does CH tech support (they don't even bother to reply)

I reinstalled FSX from scratch, reinstalled all the drivers for the Ch products, and installed SP1 only. This seems to do the trick... for now.

Cheers.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...