why does multiplayer prevent me from logging in to gamespy?

Pro Member Trainee
larry speerly (speerlw) Trainee

The following message is returned, when I try to log in to gamespy!

"You have been disconnected from gamespy. You may have logged on another computer."

I only have one computer! Is it trying tell me, I quit gamespy without loging out? If that is what is telling me, there should be a feature to log out? or when I quit, it should automatically log me out?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

dont worry it is the stupid server, it does it all the time.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Liono wrote:

Its the stupid people not the server. I'm tired of people bashing gamespy but they don't know that their causing it themselves.

HERES WHAT HAPPENS:

FSX was designed with Gamespy and about 5-10 lobbies. Everybody goes into the free flight lobby and pays no attention to other ones. To prevent lag, Gamespy puts a max players on each lobby like any server does (lets say..500 people). They do it to prevent lag. People flood into gamespy and then gamespy disconnects you when there is too many people in that current lobby. ITS NOT GAMESPY, ITS YOU!

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

so what can we do to prevent this?

Pro Member Trainee
larry speerly (speerlw) Trainee

Suppose, if max users is logged on, they detect that and send msg 'max users logged on' instead of telling you that somhow you got logged on to another computer when you yourself know that aint true! very confusing?

Pro Member Trainee
j-baltus Trainee

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Liono wrote:

Its the stupid people not the server. I'm tired of people bashing gamespy but they don't know that their causing it themselves.
ITS NOT GAMESPY, ITS YOU!

This is not some homemade basic program. Either Microsoft or Gamespy must bear the blame for this fantastically bad design. I'm fine with the engineers missing their initial assumption, but that they still haven't redesigned the lobby concept is not acceptable.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...