Speaking and Understaning FSX Multiplayer

Pro Member Trainee
Jack (CaptainDale) Trainee

I manage to connect to a session using gamespy in SX Multiplayer. But when I get in tey are saying speak etc. i have a microphone but do i just speak? There is no sign ofany teamspeak server that I can see so I don't no how to speak to them. How do I use the mic?

Please help because I am very stuck and really want to enjoy FSX Multiplayer!

Thanks.

Jack.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

To speak, you have to push and hold CAPS LOCK while you speak, then release once you've stopped.

Pro Member Trainee
Jack (CaptainDale) Trainee

Thats great thanks. Do you know a site that helps you know how to seak to ATC or to an aircraft from the tower because I roughlyknow but really want to have it in front of me and keepnot knowing what to say.

Pro Member Trainee
basinviewsucks Trainee

yeah ummmmm..... where can i get a microphone cause me and the friend really would like multiplayer and stad of some like atc yelling at us.

thanks brad 🙂 :o 😂 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

I've just bought the expensive one from edimentional.com looks alright,cant wait to try it...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Is it this one http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=122

Sounds promising -- I'm just wondering about "..the unique force feedback feature..." -- what does it do... does it make your head shake and buzz 😳 ??

Pro Member First Officer

thats the one,I'll get back to you on that,but if my neck snaps ....you probably won't!

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Thats what I have and I love it! Really amazing what all you can do on the sound. You can make it echo make your games or whoever talks like an alley etc. Really cool and then the force feed back is amazing in fsx!

Pro Member First Officer

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have to say this has been the best investment i have made since getting my saitekX52!!!!
*The clarity is awsome
*The fact it can play at a deep 20hertz with no distortion (Eqivelent of a pair of BOSS headphones that cost $400)
*Comfortable
*And the rumble vibration which even surprised me...makes you feel like your right there in it, simply amazing!
*oh and yeah the effects it comes with are good too,(similar to realtec I thought)
*Awesome just listening to music (I've heard things in songs i didn't hear before)
Now I have a PA system worth around $30000, and this is bloody well close, without your next door neighbours bashing down your door.
All in all this headset is worth its weight in gold!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What about the "..the unique force feedback feature..." ??

Is that the rumble vibration you're referring to? Does it make your head spin? ... I suffer from vertigo 😳

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

What about the "..the unique force feedback feature..." ??

Is that the rumble vibration you're referring to? Does it make your head spin? ... I suffer from vertigo 😳

I even have that one. Its amazing! I simply cannot describe it. Its kind of a base feature and kind of not. Its very hard to explain.

Pro Member First Officer

It has 3 settings,off-low-high.This activates an internal subwoofer in the earphones,(similar feeling to a 'playstation dualshock controller')
Best way to describe it...Imagine a bass guitar playing in the key of 'D', the headset vibrates at the same frequency as what you hear.
I've already given a few musicians a 'test trial',and they've all asked where they can get one.
Again just simply awesome!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm licking my chops... Tongue Twist

So what happens if I put on those phones and play a tune in D on the bass... 🤔 ... will that result in a 'double D', an open D or a drop D 😳

...maybe I'll end up in space 😛

Pro Member First Officer

Hello...just got back from a parrallel universe...
You might just have to find out Tailhook, I can't tell you all of its secrets!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

warlord40 wrote:

Hello...just got back from a parrallel universe...
You might just have to find out Tailhook, I can't tell you all of its secrets!

Chicken. I know you've turned into 'Hal'. 😳

Pro Member First Officer

Hal???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Oh the innocence of youth...

http://kubrickfilms.warnerbros.com/video_detail/2001/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/quotes

If you haven't read the book, read it. Spooky. Due to outdated cinematic technology the movie might be disappointing. Mind you, the opening sequence with the musical score is still one of the best.

Pro Member First Officer

oh,yes of course I know this,havent seen it for quite some time though,very well done for its time,still remember the apes getting upset over the big block.I had no idea what you where refering to...but there it is,this would be good in the favourite movies forum.Is the book really that much better?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

In my opinion it certainly is. Anything penned by Arthur C. Clarke is timeless. There is also a sequel: '2010: Odyssey Two' which is a worthy successor. The vision the man had is unequaled.

And here's the sad news: http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=15800

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

ummm ok....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...