FSX Front Cockpit View

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
I prefer to take-off/fly and land in Instrument Panel view. For some reason in FSX, in instrument panel view I canot raise or lower the view (Shift+Enter or Shift+Backspace). Lowering the view is mainly required when landing - to see the runway. FS2004 has this functionality - no problem. Also when I save FSX flight in instrument panel view it later opens in virtual cockpit view. In FS2004 the saved flight opens in instument panel view. Any idea if the front view can be adjusted iwhen flying and mainly landing in Instrument Panel view?
Thanks
Peter

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

You can raise or lower panel in virtural c/p view with shiftbackspace/enter/, but not in c/p view c/p.

So a nice way to do it would be to add the two, shift/backspace/enter into a up/dn hat switch to make it easy. Or better yet, treat yourself to a TRACKIR. 😎 😂

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

This is a show stopper for FSX for me. I just prefer to fly in Instrument panel view and lower the view to see the runway on landings. The virtual cockpit view in FSX needs a lot to be desired. Airbus looks like a toy. In instrument panel view I have all the instruments and switches available in particular autopilot adjustments. In virtual cockpit I need to move to sides and zoom e.t.c. to find the switches. For example speed hold (autopilot) I need to move to right and zoom to locate the adjustment knob. This is time consuming. So regret but will stick to FS 2004.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...