Real Weather Downloads

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
I cannot download the real weather today (Jan 1😎 anyplace in the US. Europe and South America seems OK. It is snowing in NYC and weather comes up clear with 50 miles visibility. California, Miami and ORD all show clear 50 miles visibility, so looks like the Microsoft FS weather server is acting up. Anyone has any idea who to contact to get this fixed?
Thanks
Peter

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I cannot download the real weather today

Well, how do you know you can't? When FSX can't connect to the Jepson weather server a red warning scrolls across the top of your view in game. Is that happening?

Remember FSX updates weather every 15 minutes and there is a variable setting for weather [Rate Of Change]. So.. for the 1st 15minutes of a session you get default weather or weather saved from a previous session. After 15 minutes the weather begins to change, but not all at once. You CAN start a session with current weather, but only by manually downloading and resetting weather before loading the session.

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks for this. I always download the real weather usually static not dynamic (15 minutes changes) and it is always amazing how realistic the weather is (snow storm looks real, rain thunder e.t.c. all look real). TODAY I proceeded as always - downloaded the static weather; the download proceeded normal with the pick up bar showing the dowload and another bar showing the install - HOWEVER in the US including in snowy NYC the weather showed clear skies with 50 miles visibility. This never happened, the weather was alsays realistic. So I thought that the upload from Jeppeson is not working!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...