processor

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

I have recently purchased a new computer.I have found that the processor dos'ent run fsx well.I have done some researh and found the Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo Processor is the best for fsx without having to buy an icore 7.my question is can you replace a processor?

specs

Amd two qaud core 3.0Ghz
6gb ram
ATI radeon 4870 graphics card
killer nic gaming card

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Seeing as you are currently running an AMD processor, you will be unable to switch to an intel processor. They use completely different sockets (Plugs on the motherboard that they plug into)

That said, a quad core 3.0 ghz processor is a pretty kickass processor; and your gfx card looks to be pretty top of the line too. Your system really shouldn't have any trouble at all running FSX at pretty high settings... (You can't just max out all the settings in this game the way you do in others, you have to go to the advanced settings and do a little tweaking.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...