Poppa's Back With a Brand New Bag!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Well, not quite new..... Embarassed

A while back I posted that I'd try out a Intel chip, with not too satisfying results. I added a nVidia 680i Black Pearl motherboard with a Intel E6300 processor.

Wound up having to ditch my 2GB DDR400 RAM because the new motherboard only accepted DDR2.

Spent 75 bucks for 1GB DDR2 800 RAM that was absolutely worthless. Spent an additional 60.00 to get just only 1GB worth of RAM. Enough just to get Vista working alone.

Well, I finally added 2 more GB worth of RAM (making the total of 3) and overclocked the E6300 1.86GHz Processor to 2.63GHz. Then I reinstalled the SP1 update back to FSX, maxed out all the sliders (the vehicles, leisure boats and other watercrafts were set to 75%.)

The Simulator is running great!! No lag at 31 fps....even though I am running Prime95 system stress tester in the background!!!! I am gonna run this until I find a better (and cheaper) processor or a watercooling system to bring the temp back down to 31*C...whichever comes first. I would like to try to see if I can increase the GHz of my processor up to 3.00 GHZ..... 😀

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Glad to hear that. I have heard people overclocking them to 3.4

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

you could have given me your spare ram 😀 . My motherboard only takes up to 2 gb ddr which is a bummer because I want to add more but cant be bothered with the hassle involved in upgrading the motherboard.

Pro Member Captain

737FLIER wrote:

Glad to hear that. I have heard people overclocking them to 3.4

That is what I have been hearing, however, I have managed to increase this 6300 processor to 2.63GHZ on the BIOS....after that, any higher then the safety function kicked in and the BIOS took the processor back to 1.86 GHZ. This setting is stable and FSX is running well with no problems and the CPU core tempeture is around 50c with the stock fan. I would like to configure the motherboard and the processor to a watercooled version, but I will wait. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

There are several settings in BIOS that must be disabled to get your fsb and effective ghz higher... I am running my E6300 stable at 3.43ghz, and gotten it up to 3.7ghz max. All on watercooling of course.

Pro Member Captain

JLangevin wrote:

There are several settings in BIOS that must be disabled to get your fsb and effective ghz higher... I am running my E6300 stable at 3.43ghz, and gotten it up to 3.7ghz max. All on watercooling of course.

Well it was YOU that made me make the switch from AMD..... good call on the processor. I was able to reach 2.63GHz on fans alone, but how was you able to reach 3.43GHz? I'll would be satisfied with just 3.00GHz.

Now you gotta tell me how you did it......what motherboard are you using?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

3.43ghz

FSB 490x7 = 3430
MCH Voltage = +0.3v
CPU Voltage = 1.32v
Memory Voltage = 2.1v

Several things much be turned off on the motherboard, like Thermal Protection, Auto Voltage, Auto Throttling, etc... 3ghz can be achieved effortlessly on an E6300.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I'm running E6600 and it's cooler than motherboard ram or I/O chips after putting it under the cheapest ($24us) Thermaltake copper plate heat pipe cpu cooler!

Addmittedly, My case has a large screened opening aligned with the cooler fan and straight ductwork that allows the cooler to suck out-of-case air.

I'd try this before plunging into water cooling.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...