SearchSearch 

FSX Sys Built - Working GOOD! - Thought this might Help You!

Pro Member Trainee
shaun6811 Trainee

Hi - Just thought I would share my experiences with you

Look at this link below - No longer available - Im sure something better will come along soon - but Overclockers Offers seem to change by the day! - Excellent Bundles - I have NOTHING to do with Overclockers by the way - Got this system built for my severely disabled Father - all he can do now is "Fly" from his Wheelchair!!! - It's Awesome!!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-031-OE&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=&utm_source=newsletter20090902&utm_medium=email

New Hard drive - New Fast DVD Drive - Running GTX 260 Graphics & 850 Watt Power Supply - Case was £110 with Major cooling from Antec

I Know I struggled like hell to find Info on a PC setup that would run FSX when researching a build for my Dad - this does it!!!

Seems that CPU Power (By a LONG WAY) is more important than Graphics Card with FSX - That is why this bundle came Factory Overclocked with suitable Motherboard and Liquid Cooling System - Quad Obviously i7 Processor Overclocked to an Incredible 4Ghz!!!! (Need Big Power Supply)

But PLEASE Look at Overclockers Bundles - Stumbled across these guys!!! & WOW!!! - FSX is STUNNING!!!!

Better Graphics card will be even more impressive - But myself and Dad spent lots of money over the Years trying to get 2004 looking good = Failed!!! - But Now Flight Sim 2004 - Maxed Everything (Eats it Easily for Breakfast) and Regarding FSX - a Good 75% up - All Sliders are Max!!! - the rest is Just tweaking!!

Traffic and Boats are approx 40% - running at 20fps (Smooth) - But FSX will always need tweaking - we have not tweaked it yet!!! - But Ive been playing PC Games for 10 Years myself now (and I have a Pretty good system myself) - And I Know how much of a system Demanding Bugger FSX is - On this Bundle - it Just looks SO MUCH BETTER - EVERYTHING JUST LOOKS BETTER - MORE DETAIL ETC - It Just Works!!

Which just Confirms!!! - BIG FACTORY OVERCLOCKED QUAD PROCESSOR IS THE WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!

You still need a FULL GOOD System and AVOIDING BOTTLENECKS! IN SYSTEM!!

Look at Bundles from link above - as I say - OFFERS seem to vary from day to day - But all compatible Kit - Ram, Processor,Cooling & Motherboard - and it does what it says on the Tin!!! - Just works & Damn Good WITH FSX!!

Oh - Plus Decent Monitor - Dad is running 20" HP Monitor running at 1600 x something - this seems to make a huge difference too

Don't know what else to say - apart from I hope this Helps You all

Shaun

2 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

it looks like a winner.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

yep 😀

Hardware and addons are finally catching up to the program.

Now lets see how FSX runs on windows 7, due out next month.