X plane 9

Pro Member Trainee
EARL (SILVERFOX11) Trainee

I just ordered X Plane 9 , how does it compair to MS FSX. Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's easier on your machine, FSX is more graphic intensive out of the box.
I don't think it's as broad and detailed as FSX but it's something else to fly and enjoy.

Let us know what you think of it after you try it out.
Post a few screenshots if you will.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

On scenery, X-plane is better

On aircraft FSX is better.

FSX's flock of birds does not cause damage, X-plane's flock of birds does cause damage!

X-PLANE HAS NO AI TRAFFIC

X-plane has flying on mars.

FSX has many free addons to download. X-plane does not have that many.
Wall Bashing

Pro Member Trainee
juan (juanmg1975) Trainee

SILVERFOX11 wrote:

I just ordered X Plane 9 , how does it compair to MS FSX. Thanks

A little disappointed. No airport buildings and not very good aircraft but over all. I love xplane, flight is enjoyable, weather more real and stunning scenary 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Edwin Sapatsch (swantee) Trainee

I noticed the date of these postings-a little out of date-and thus so is the content. So many times I have read comments like XP Scenery is better but poor planes and wonder whether the Guys writing the stuff have ever looked further than the planes that come with the program or the freebies (& lets face it apart from a select few the majority of frebies are pretty duff regardless of sim)
Although I no longer fly the Sim I have a large collection of payware planes for FSX & generally I buy top of the range. (I like to sit in a 3D cockpit when I'm flying not a comic book) and the same can be said for my X-Plane Hanger. There are some genius young guys out there at the moment turning out some absolutely fabulous aircraft for X-Plane. Apart from being fully functional 3D models some are so visually perfect that, once photographed, they are difficult to disguish from the real thing. Many beat FSX third party planes and whilst there may not be such a volume of choice, whats on offer is Ace and generally around half the price of FSX planes-in fact X-Plane is pretty cheap all round. I rate XPv9 & recon when v10 eventually shows there will be more people changing sides than Italians did in the last war

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...