Question about how to successfully trap on carrier landing

Pro Member Trainee
darkrooms Trainee

Okay, I've tried landing on a carrier with the F-14D. Tailhook extended, etc. I'm no ace, but my landings should be succesful, but instead I'm "crashing". I'm not actually crashing, but when I'm touching down and should be grabbing an arrestor cable, I "crash" instead. My crash realism is set to max. I tried it again with crash realism set to medium and the same happened. What's the deal? Can someone tell me how to trap? Thanks.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

There is a Sea Hawk in the FS2004 millitary jets. That plane can stand hard landings, and the brakes alone can stop the plane on the carrier. My carrier's arrestor also doesn't seem to work!

Pro Member Trainee
darkrooms Trainee

Thanks. I line up pretty good(not the best, I just started trying carrier landings) meatball, okay. I'm touching down and not grabbing an arrestor. I've kept trying it and have found out that I'm crashing into the railing of the carrier after boltering due to imperfect alignment when landing. This took a dozen attempts to figure out what was going wrong.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to land on the carrier with a piper cub.

Pro Member First Officer

since my trap also doesn't work, I have a few planes that can land on it relying on the brakes. My F-18 has very strong brakes that can stop right on the carrier. I had the same problem as you had when I first got the carrier, I keep on getting ''crashes''. but now I can land them safely. Your plane probably can't stand hard landings, the Seahawk can!

Pro Member First Officer

try downloadingthe seahawk:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1202/fs2004-hawker-sea-hawk-royal-navy-package/

but be careful! this one is for FS2004!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...