Install the service packs?

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

I just read there are service packs for FSX...I have FSX Deluxe installed, should I install the SP's as well? What's different in the SPs?

Also, I really want to install the Cargo Pilot add on. Has anyone tried that? Is it decent? I like the building my own business aspect and working to make it larger.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Well if you mean the SP's for FSX, then yes install SP1 and then play the game before installing SP2, because SP2 gave me a hell of alot of problems.

So install SP2 at your own risk, SP1's all good tho.

And no i haven't yet played Cargo Pilot, but i look forward to getting it.

And if you experience game crashes or fatal error message, or another one that says you ran out of memory, and all after installing SP2, then you know where it came from.
Frankly i hate SP2.

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Do I have to purchase this SP1? If not where can I download it?

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Scratch that, installed.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

Scratch that, installed.

If you like making your own business, then go for FS Passengers X. It is much more flexible, and you can create anything from a GA company to an airline with 30 747-400s!

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Scratch that, installed.

If you like making your own business, then go for FS Passengers X. It is much more flexible, and you can create anything from a GA company to an airline with 30 747-400s!

Woah, that is awesome!! I am def. going to purchase that. Even though I am not that great yet to be flying with passengers haha. Thanks Razgr!

Only thing I don't like is that the prices are in EUR.

Good god, 55.00 for this add on?!?!

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Brettxw wrote:

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Brettxw wrote:

Scratch that, installed.

Woah, that is awesome!! I am def. going to purchase that. Even though I am not that great yet to be flying with passengers haha. Thanks Razgr!

Only thing I don't like is that the prices are in EUR.

Good god, 55.00 for this add on?!?!

Yeah, its very expensive. I bought it ages ago and I still love to fly it. Its just a perfect addon for flying with VAs. It has advanced VA features, so for example I used to fly for US Airways Virtual, I recorded my flight with FSPax, and then hit "Export to VA" button, and they received all the information about my flight, with only one click!

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Just did the demo and I like it. I probably will purchase it. Ok most likely I will. Im also going to purchase Cargo Pilot, see how that is as well.

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Ok, Cargo Pilot does not come near as good as FSpassenger is. Def going to be purchasing FSpassenger!!

Pro Member Trainee
Brett (Brettxw) Trainee

Since I installed SP1, randomly the game will freeze and then crash. The error box pops up saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator had a fatal error" blah blah and then it crashes and restarts. I'm thinking of uninstalling the entire app and re-installing it. I'm wondering if it may have to be in part due to smoe of the air crafts I have installed?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...