Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Seattle NOGO

beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 am 

Hi,
For some reason I cannot open SEA airport anymore. When going to KSEA the FS gets stuck in 'Loading scenery 0%' and stays there. I need to do CTL+ALT+delete to end the task through the task manager. If I fly to SEA for example from Everett, the FS freezes before SEA approach, so obviously a scenery issue.
I have lots of add on airports installed but none in vicinity of SEA, so bit puzzled.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Peter
beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 pm 

Hi,
for those interested, this mystery is resolved. The EGLC add-on airport available for download from AVSIM (zip London_City_274783) had some additional dense bgls and scenery files affecting other airports. If you add this London City airport area, it will act up on you elsewhere. I only noted strange structure at Meigs Field and after 'finally' opening Seattle (which initially did not open) I noted the attached. I would suggest you avoid adding this file as area. Apparently the developer is aware.
Regards
Peter

CaptDennison
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 pm 

thanks
beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 pm 

Hi,
Have also noted that Liverpool airport scenery, made by the same developer, also affects other airports and this one actually puts trees across Seattle runways.
Regards
Peter