Triple Videos

Pro Member Trainee
dcmumford Trainee

Greetings and salutations,

I'm in the process of setting up a full simulator (less motion). I am having difficulty getting the third monitor to work. Its a new system from dell and the Mother board has only one slot for graphics. It has three ports for monitors on the video card however, when I try to use a third monitor it will not run.
The simulator is fully enclosed to create a more realistic environment using Saitek components. (Yoke, throttle, pedals, radios, etc.) I'm using a 27 samsung monitor for main and Dell 19" for the sides.

I'm looking for recommendations on the hardware issue. Power and video cards etc.

I'm a real pilot but still enjoy FSX tremendously.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Personally I would say trash the motherboard and opt for one that has PCI-E slots for additional video cards. However, there is a device that I am still using that helps out greatly: The Matrox Digital Triple Head to Go. It is essentially a KVM switch that will split your screen across three monitors. The downside is that you will lose resolution, but if you use a high end card (i.e an EVGA 580 Classified), your will not notice it much. Or better yet, buy a Radeon Eyefinity 6870 Video Card and you can run those three monitors off that card.

I have 3 EVGA 465s.... two in SLi mode and one providing the Physx Engine. But I have a Triple Head to Go running off of the SLi setup to my two 22" widescreen monitors and the third 21.5" is running on the second card. Once I can find identical monitors, I will run all three off of the Triple Head to Go.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...