Does Fly Away have a source where I can get a cfg file opener. I have tried ones that will open but I cannot paste into the file.
I cannot open a cfg file then cut and paste to get a repaint to work.
I have tried several, but they want me to sell my soul to the devil.
I would buy one if I could find one that does not want to weasel into my computer with garbage like using their internet search engines or polluting with advertising.
2 Answers
I do most of my repainting in Corel, convert with DXTBmp and config editing with Notepad++.
Finding the FSX.cfg is messy, but once you've found the file with the search option in explorer you can (with Notepad++ installed) right-click the file and you will see Notepad++ in the list. As long as you don't close the file it will then remain available by tag the next time you open Notepad++. Then all you need do is open Notepad++ edit and save then close Notepad++ but not the FXS.cfg. It's the best txt editor, no doubt about it !!
Have fun !!
Mealone
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain