Opening and pasting to cfg files

Pro Member Trainee
euqrahp Trainee

Does Fly Away have a source where I can get a cfg file opener. I have tried ones that will open but I cannot paste into the file.
I cannot open a cfg file then cut and paste to get a repaint to work.
I have tried several, but they want me to sell my soul to the devil.
I would buy one if I could find one that does not want to weasel into my computer with garbage like using their internet search engines or polluting with advertising.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Mealone Guest

I do most of my repainting in Corel, convert with DXTBmp and config editing with Notepad++.

Finding the FSX.cfg is messy, but once you've found the file with the search option in explorer you can (with Notepad++ installed) right-click the file and you will see Notepad++ in the list. As long as you don't close the file it will then remain available by tag the next time you open Notepad++. Then all you need do is open Notepad++ edit and save then close Notepad++ but not the FXS.cfg. It's the best txt editor, no doubt about it !!

Have fun !!

Mealone

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...