icon. I guess my question is what is a
normal process to edit .cfg files in which
application?
Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

But many people use notepad, But the gauges work OK so i guess its fine.

PS: when u edit a cfg file, i don't save as, simply save

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Many thanks,
I will probably be using notepad also
better display
cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The reason why Notepad is used is because Notepad is an integral part of the Windows Operating System. Anyone who has Windows, has Notepad (and Wordpad). Only owners of MS Office have Word.

See also your previous topic: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35934/altitude-call-on-landing/

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I beg to differ Mr. Tailhook Wink

I use (and strongly recommend - esp. for novice users) notepad because it does not have any dangerous features that can mess up plain text, like more advanced word processing tools have, and you will save (any sort of) .cfg, .ini files etc. the way they were intended to be saved, as text only.
Word processing applications may add document formatting tags etc. to the file which, in our case, is a no-go Whip

Well, the only exception being the encoding, ofcourse Wink

Toodles,
Ardjan

PS. Oh ye, Hi everyone btw, long time no see, etc. Wink
Hope you're all doing well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Mr. Ardjan Sir, it is good to see you 😀

Now what are you disagreeing or differing with Umm...

It seems something has got lost in translation. If you read my post again you'll find that we're actually agreeing... Hack ...crazy world. Fear

Look after yourself 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

You too TH Wink

You may be right about the translation.... I thought I read you saying that the reason why people use notepad, is because it's by default available in Windows, and I tried to point out that my reason for using it, is because of how it works (or rather, how it doesn't), not merely for the fact that it's readily available.

Anywho, it's hardly worth discussing... The thread also presented the opportunity to jump in and give my regards to the community, after my last period of absence.

Not that I expect to visit frequently, as other matters, both real and virtual, take up most of my time these days, but I'm sure no-one minds an occasional "hello" Wink

Take care!
Ardjan

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...