Help with Aircraft CFG files

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I downloaded this A380 from this site and it looks really cool 🙂 Everything about it is spot-on except the sound! the sound that came with it is that of a beechcraft (i think) its sorta wierd toolin down the taxiway in a behemoth that is casting shadows over the whole county and the powerplant(s) sound like gnats... I looked in the sound.cfg file and read this line...

alias=A380_afs_C1_c\sound

can someone please tell me what that means (i understand about alias's and all i just need to know the structure of the thingy)...

For that matter is there a post or a website somewhere that gives me a bit of insight to the other *.cfg files in my aircraft folders? (so i can make my C172 sound like an F-14 or my seaplane fly at FL520???)

Thanx 🙂

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I had the same problem with a 757. Just find the airplane in your FS aircraft folder and delete the current sounds. Then copy the default 737 sounds. And paste those into the A380 folder.

Did I explain it right?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Thx mucho 🙂 that helps!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Right on!!! Get a sound file, place it in the aircraft folder (Drag/drop) Overwright and BADABING!!! Done deal!!!

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...