Some work some don't

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

Some downloads work and others don't... What are the different designers doing... I download a Cessna Cardinal... it works... I download a Cessna 414 it works but with no paint.. This happens with file after file... I have 8 gig Ram... 1T Hard Drive... etc...
If I unclick Direct x all files work and then stop working... UGH...

SOS... before I cancel my subscription... Thanks...

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I asked before what video card you have and other computer facts..
You chose not to answer so how can we help if we don't know what we are dealing with and only you know.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

AMD Radeon HD8400...

Thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should answer your question.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130709171305AAumLaS

The only way around it is to lower or shut off some of the non essential slides.
Some aircraft are very graphic intensive and for that card to render them and have good ground graphics is too difficult.
It chooses to render the ground and not the aircraft.
Some will work, others not.
Not much you can do with an integrated card unless you have an empty slot on the motherboard for a new card to take over and do away with the integrated one.
If it's a Dell the chances are slim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

thanks!!

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

Well it looks like I need a better graphics card.. but I just don't understand why some developers planes work and others don't.. The piaggio is a huge file and it works fine with my graphics card.. There has to be something unique about some of the other creators files... Just my feeling....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Different programs are used to make an aircraft.
Some are more graphic intensive than other.
The stronger the card the easier time it has rendering it on your Sim.

You have to have an empty slot that can accept a new video card that will take over the integrated card.

Check the inside of your computer to see if you have one.
If you've never opened the computer before, don't touch anything, static electricity from your hand can burn out the computer.

Radar

I install su 32 and f14 but all the instruments are not functioning. all dark/black. need help ❓ ❓ ❓
thnx

Pro Member Trainee
Smokey765x39 Trainee

But sometimes a file doesn't contain the code you need or it's getting corrupted.  And they like things a certain way.  It would be unusual but has happened.  

Pro Member Trainee
Smokey765x39 Trainee

Make sure there's not an add-on that your missing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...