FSX Crashes 20 mins in

Guest Guest

I have a gaming computer with windows 8.1 on it and i downloaded fsx deluxe edition and installed it. I had also put on service pack 1 and 2 on it which you would usually do. I was playing it for 2 days then there was a problem. Every time i was flying, it would just crash about 20 minutes into the flight. It would say there has been an error and it would close down so i would have to restart it.

The next day i went on the Microsoft website and typed in if fsx deluxe was compatible with windows 8.1 and it said it wasn't. So do i need a different fsx or just find a solution?

Thank you very much Guest.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You may find this article helpful:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4692/

Guest Guest

Thanks 4 the help. So i need the standard edition?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would buy the gold, it has SP1 and SP2 built in along with new aircraft and scenery.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You'll have a hard time finding the physical product in any store. Microsoft stopped manufacturing Flight Simulator X several months ago after the franchise was sold to Dovetail Games.

All stores I've see are now out of stock (and stock will never return).

The new way to get (an up to date) version of FSX is to purchase from Steam:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4712/

This comes bundled with all service packs and expansions. This has also been tweaked for improvements in performance. It is also compatible (I believe) with Windows 8.1.

Steam is a platform where you can download software, particularly games.

I noticed in your original post you said you "downloaded" FSX Deluxe Edition... from where?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...