UI custom music won't work

pacificapilot Guest

So I wanted to change my FSX UI music for the startup to something custom, not just the FSX001 and all those. So I imported a .wav file into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\UIMusic folder, closed the folder, then opened FSX. After selecting the new music file in sound settings, it just went silent. All other default music files are working fine, but the custom one wont play while in FSX. I already checked to make sure that the file itself would play, and it worked fine in my computer's music player. But it wont work in FSX. Help anyone? I am running Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. My .cfg file has only been changed to remove the brakes info that pops up in the corner during flight, so the .cfg file is basically untouched. I dont know if this is useful, but my computer info is as follows: eMachines T6524, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+, 2.19 GHz. 1.37 GB RAM. Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try naming it FSX09.

Let us know if it works, no I haven't tried this before.

Radar

Jackaroo05 Guest

Please help! I am SICKING TIRED of the stock music! PLEASE HELP!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Watch these.

If they won't play here, copy and paste into Google.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...