Adding a Hanger at my local FSX airport

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

I would like to add a hanger at my local airport so that I can start FSX-SE or FSX with my plane placed in that hanger. I have read articles, watched tutorials and tried more times than I can count to get this done using sketchup make 2015 and modelconverterx , and ADE without success. I think I have bitten off more than I can chew. Is there any one out there that might be willing to do this task for me or walk me through the steps to get it done? The hanger needs to be open on one end so I can slew my plane into the hanger for my starting point. The Hanger needs to be large enough to accommodate a Cessna 182 or a Cessna 441. I would like like to discuss this with anyone interested. My email address is wme1933@aol.com. I will be glad to pay someone to do this if interested?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I guess what I gave you before didn't work, too bad and good luck.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

I sure gave it a try but with no success in the end no matter what I tried. I tried sketchup make 2015, modelconverterx and ADE . I don't think I will ever be able to get it done without someone doing the task for me. My home airport is KFWA and there is space for the hanger If only I was smart enough to make a hanger and place it where I want it.Your help is greatly appreciated and I did follow up on all suggestions. Perhaps someone will help me out.

bill

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad, I know that making and placing objects is a tricky operation, once mastered you'll never quit.
I hope some kind person helps you, good luck.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

I hope some one might help me out and I agree that if I could get my computer set up correctly I would love making airport enhancements and as you say "never stop". I seem to be so close to getting the job done while at the same time so far from getting things set up and working as shown and described in the many tutorials I have watched and read. I am persistent and will keep at it but at age 82 I may not have enough time left to get this task figured out.
😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You seem young at mind for your age, keep it up.
One of these days the light will go on and you will be able to build.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

Maybe I need a new light bulb

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

evans3588 wrote:

Maybe I need a new light bulb

😂 Don't we all!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

I am happy to report that I figured out how to do it and the loss of sleep was worth. I haven't been able to get MCX to work right yet but I am able to use ADE and for what I want to do now works fine. I will get MCX working next. Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That is fantastic, I'm glad you had the confidence in yourself to get it done.
Now you can enjoy flying even more.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill (evans3588) Trainee

I now have it all working and it was worth the challenge of getting it all set up and working. Thanks to all and I think now this post can be closed.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...