FSX Lag on Super Computer

Pro Member Trainee
huntertigtigtig Trainee

Hello all,

Before I get into my question, here is some information on my PC.
My PC specs are as follows:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.5GHz
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series [8 Gigabytes]
16 Gigs of ram (4 sticks of 4)

Can anyone tell my why I can play any game I want to play at 60+ FPS at max settings(GTA V for example), but when I try to crank the settings in FSX I'm only getting about 20-30 FPS.
I bought PMDG 737-800/900 NGX and when I'm in the virtual cockpit my frames drop to about 20 even with the scenery details at the lowest possible settings.
I really want to be able to get the max out of my computer because that's what I paid for, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening.
Any information will definitely help me.
You can email me at huntertstevens@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Hunter

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First with a machine that nice I hope you are using a 64bit version of an operating syatem, not a 32 bit.

Lock it at 20fps, and try it that way.
The aircraft you speak of is very graphic intensive and is a power hog.

Let us know how it works out.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...