FSX on Windows 10 - Will it work?

Pro Member Trainee
Robert (chuckabob) Trainee

I just got a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit desktop. I have my original FSX and FSX Acceleration CDs. Can I install them on the new Win 10 64 bit machine? Any considerations or special procedures? Also have Saitek X52 controllers which I wasn't able to set up properly on Win 7. Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's worked for all that have tried so far.

Radar

I've just installed FSX on a Windows 10 laptop with a Geforce graphics card and the screen goes blank grey when I click Fly Now. 😞 I was hoping the graphics would be upwards compatible but it seems not. I can't see any settings related to graphics cards. Maybe I just need to buy the Steam edition.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I've just installed FSX on a Windows 10 laptop with a Geforce graphics card and the screen goes blank grey when I click Fly Now. 😞 I was hoping the graphics would be upwards compatible but it seems not. I can't see any settings related to graphics cards. Maybe I just need to buy the Steam edition.

Without knowing all the other specs of your laptop, I'll just guess at what to do.
Shut off shadows and AI. Lower clouds and autogen, then try a flight.

Radar

How to fix windows has stopped working when i play fsx gold edition on windows 10?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

How to fix windows has stopped working when i play fsx gold edition on windows 10?

More details please.

Radar

I have a fsx gold edition installed,when i played fsx at least 30 minute,the app has crash,windows has stopped working.
My comp spec is i3 3.12 g,nvidia geforce gt730,ram 8gb ddr 5,windows 10.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My best guess is overheating.
Clean the dust (we all get it) from inside your computer, pay special attention to the CPU fan.

I would still lower some slides, an i3 isn't that powerful but the rest of your specs seem good.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...