Flight simulator 9 loading problem to windows 7

fs9 to windows7 Guest

Hi! Guys. I recently upgraded from Vista to windows7. Fx10 loaded just fine. I am having trouble installing fs9.
The files are there but the application won't run. I have had fs9 for years. I have installed it on windows xp. Vista,
windows 8.1. It works fine, but it won't work on 7. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Edmeister

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you using disk #4 or the crack.
If it's the crack, be sure you have the right one.
If you patched it it takes a different crack then an unpatched FS9.
We have both on this site for download.

Radar

Radar Man, I am using disk4. FS9 seems to be fighting with windows AERO Glass. I changed it to Windows
basic color scheme. After rebooting, FS9 still seems to be fighting with AERO. I wasn't aware of the downloadable crack program. Hmm. If I didn't have so many payware addons that don't work on FSX, I wouldn't
even bother with FS9. But I'm not giving up.

Thanks, Edmeister

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Can you delete W Glass, if so do it.
Some programs can interfere with others.
From what I remember it's only for W8.1 not W7.

You can use this if you loaded Glass.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Radarman, I have an unpatched copy of FS9. Until I started having problems loading FS9 to Win 7, I had no
idea there was even a need for a patch. Before I delete Aero Glass, I need to back up my system. This is a "bare
bones" win 7 system. The only reason I bought the 7, is because my vista won't boot up anymore. I can see all
my plane files by using the DOS command prompt, so I guess I will have to reload all my planes. Also what I
like about Win7 the "f key " commands are the same as Vista for FS9 and FS10. My wife has Win8.1, and the
"fkey" commands are not the same. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack1, 2.5 ghz processor
8 gh ram 64 bit operating system, which should be more than enough torunFS9. It runs FS10 well, with
graphics set on high. I know this is a lot of information from a "guest" but I don't like PayPal. I signed up as a
member about a year ago, but PayPal inundated me with spam, so I cancelled my membership after only about
a month. But I really do like the Flyaway sim site.

Thanks for your help

Edmeister

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Radarman, I have an unpatched copy of FS9. Until I started having problems loading FS9 to Win 7, I had no
idea there was even a need for a patch. Before I delete Aero Glass, I need to back up my system. This is a "bare
bones" win 7 system. The only reason I bought the 7, is because my vista won't boot up anymore. I can see all
my plane files by using the DOS command prompt, so I guess I will have to reload all my planes. Also what I
like about Win7 the "f key " commands are the same as Vista for FS9 and FS10. My wife has Win8.1, and the
"fkey" commands are not the same. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack1, 2.5 ghz processor
8 gh ram 64 bit operating system, which should be more than enough torunFS9. It runs FS10 well, with
graphics set on high. I know this is a lot of information from a "guest" but I don't like PayPal. I signed up as a
member about a year ago, but PayPal inundated me with spam, so I cancelled my membership after only about
a month. But I really do like the Flyaway sim site.

Thanks for your help

Edmeister

I liked W7 much more than Vista and passed on W8.1.
Yes your system as long as it's 64bit as you say should run FSX nicely but a beautiful job with FS9...if you have a good video card.
Back it up and then do what you have to so you can run FS9.
Keep letting us know how you are doing.
Good luck!

Radar

fs9 loading prob to win7 Guest

Radarman,SUCCESS! I downloaded the fs9.1 update from the flyaway sim website and followed the instructions.
(crossed my fingers) and it worked! Thanks for all your ideas and help, because all of my wife's suggestions
(she is the computer head in our family) , didn't.

Thanks again,
javascript:emoticon('😀')
Edmeister

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That is fantastic!
I'm happy to hear it was a fairly simple fix.
Now you can enjoy FS9 and all the free-goods that are here for download.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...