Downloading FSX Douglas C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack

Rick G Guest

Hoping someone might be able to help! When I download, I extract all the files and find them in my Simobjects Airplanes folder. I go to FSX and see the 2 aircraft in the selection area, but the preview and when trying to load the aircraft for free flight, all I see are some black boxes, an image of a pilot sitting in midair, prop circular motions, and the aircraft is invisible. What can I be doing wrong, is there other files I need to download along with this base pack?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks - Rick

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know it won't look good but lower or shut down some of your slides, AI, shadows, clouds autogen, scenery.
Then try that aircraft again.
If the aircraft looks good then your video card isn't strong enough to handle both the Sim and that graphic intensive aircraft.
You can get a better one (card) or play with the slides until the Sim looks acceptable and the aircraft does too.

Radar

Rick G Guest

That's what I was afraid of. I gave up on it for now! I have the Flight Sim X Gold which included the expansion disk, which I never installed. Flight Sim X has served me well, and I didn't want to push it by installing the second disk. I have a working Sim and I will probably leave it at that!

Thanks again RadarMan!

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't blame you, "if it isn't broken don't fix it". 😀

The Acceleration pack contains SP1 and SP2 patches (they use all the cores of your CPU). Now you are only using a single core, that equals lost power.
FSX alone doesn't.
The patches work in beautifully not like adding them by themselves.

Radar

Rick G Guest

Well, I gave up on the C-47, and tried and successfully downloaded the MD 83! Everything is working fine, with the exception of setting the autobrake. It will allow me to move the auto brake to 1, 2, 3 or max. Once I want to return towards neutral or RTO, it won't allow the mouse to move it. I have to then reset the flight, and it will return to neutral. Is there any keyboard shortcuts that can used to move this around? I looked and can't seem to find any?

Thanks - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can download the FSX Keyboard Commands here.
Just print them out...big help.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Rick G Guest

Radarman - Thanks for the list of key commands. I had a different copy, but basically said the same thing.
Key command for Autobrake on the MD 83 is not there.

I pecked away at it with the mouse and finally got my answer:

To rotate left, Click on "O" in OFF
To rotate right, Click on "X" in MAX

Little things like this drive me crazy, but I guess that is how we learn!

Thanks - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice job working it out yourself.
Thanks for posting it, that will help others.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...