Downloaded freeware aircraft carrying a foreign Registry

Rick G Guest

Hi all, I just downloaded a freeware Cessna Skywagon 185. It has a foreign registry. I tweeked the CFG file for ATC using the aircraft numbers and ATC uses the callsign Experimental VH-DGL. In that this is a Cessna manufactured aircraft, how can I get rid of the prefix "Experimental?" I don't mind the foreign registry, but would like to get rid of the prefix!

Anybody with hints and/or solutions, I would appreciated it!

Thanks - Rick

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Rick G Guest

Sorry, I really should check these a little closer before asking help from the forum. in the Aircraft cfg file, I found under description, author had the model of the aircraft, followed by VH-DGL \nby by the author's name.
I had tried most everything, and decided to delete the reference to \nby. I restarted FSX with the aircraft, and now there is no ATC's reference to "Experimental"

I really lucked out on this freeware, the author said the glass was missing, I don't see that. I did have to replace the panel as the download panel, did not have prop control and manifold pressure gauge. Only thing I have noticed is the control for the cowl flaps is not working. Other than that, I got a "keeper" for sure!

Thanks again and happy flying! - Rick

Rick G Guest

Anyone interested in a nice Cessna 185 freeware download, I found this one on this site. Just do a search on General Aviation W/ base models, Page 11

Author said he replaced the panel, and he probably did, but it did not have prop control and manifold guage. I transferred a C182 panel over to the 185 to make it right.

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you for all the information.
I'm sure others will be interested now that you've cleared things up.

Radar

Rick G Guest

RadarMan - What a find too! And, the price was right! I had been looking at the Carenado 185's, but with the price of the payware, I was reluctant to pay the price and then regret it, not knowing! This download will suit my needs for now!

Thanks - Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...