Registry help (not registering)

I had to move my installation folder due to the infamous error 1935. Now I can't install some addons because I don't have the necessary keys in my registry file. I found a program to repair the reg for FS9 but it doesn't help me. I'm running the World of AI installer and it doesn't recognize FSX.

Can someone please post here ALL the keys you have in your registry for FSX? I think the most important are the ones concerning the installation path, my guess.

Thank you in advance,

Pedro

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

I was reading my post again and maybe I wasn't as clear as I should. I need the registry entries like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\9.0]
"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9"

but for FSX. I have a fully functional copy of FSX but as I had to interrupt the install due to te 1935 error, I lost the registry entries.

Pedro

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Have you tried searching the registry with regedit for all occrances of "FSX"?

I did, and found several but World of AI still doesn't recognize FSX. I'm missing the install path key.

Should be something like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\9.0]
"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9"

(the above example is from the FS2004 install key)

If someone can copy from their registry file and paste it here I will thank you

RiginalDonDada Guest

I have installed FSX on my laptop and got the dreaded 1722 error. I am not seeing Microsoft games or FSX in my registry under software. I still have the game installed but I can only play for 30 min at a time or so, before it says demo time is up, but its the full retail deluxe version. Also after the 1722 installation. I cannot play on multiplayer. I assume I should be seein the game in the registry correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RiginalDonDada wrote:

I have installed FSX on my laptop and got the dreaded 1722 error. I am not seeing Microsoft games or FSX in my registry under software. I still have the game installed but I can only play for 30 min at a time or so, before it says demo time is up, but its the full retail deluxe version. Also after the 1722 installation. I cannot play on multiplayer. I assume I should be seein the game in the registry correct?

Try this and let me know if it works.

Use the read-me.

Fsx_activation_hack.Zip by Bigupload.Com

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

I just saw this reply. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know. I left my laptop at work. Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RiginalDonDada wrote:

I just saw this reply. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know. I left my laptop at work. Thanks

Good, thanks I'd like to know.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...