FS 2004 and Windows 7

Theodore C Vanya Guest

I purchased FS2004 recently. The disks are in good shape, had no trouble loading on to my Windows 7 laptop.
Can not start program
Should I be able to run it on W7, if yes, could someone help please what should I do to use it.

Thanks

Ted

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes you can run it on W7.
Did you put the last disk in, it has to be in the drawer to play.
There is also a patch you can install when you get it going.

If it won't run let us know exactly what happens, if there is a message, tell us exactly what it says.

Radar

Theodore C Vanya Guest

Captain RadarMan, thanks.
When I try to start the program, the first message is that I have to run it as administrator. Then I make sure of this, the next message is: Do you wish to allow this program to make changes.. I say yes and then nothing happens. Not even an attempt is visible. Yes, the #4 disc is in the drive.
Thanks again

Ted

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try dropping in disk #1 and choose repair.
If that doesn't work then try loading the patch that MS has for FS9.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Radar

Theodore C Vanya Guest

I have tried to put in disk 1 in, but there is no "repair" in the content of the disk.
Reloaded the program again, same problem, will not start.
I will try to delete all and reload again. Could you please let me know where can I find the MS patch FS9?
Thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The patch won't do it alone, we all ran FS9 without it until it came out.
The link is in my post above this.

Clean it out with this below. It cleans the hidden folders and files along with the registey...free.
Then reload it again, if you can shut down your anti-virus while loading it that may help.
DO NOT shut off a firewall.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...