Using FSX in cinimatic cutscenes for movies/games?

Pro Member Trainee
Grant (Long-Distance) Trainee

I am creating a short movie and need to scenes of a realistic landings from various camera angles.

Does anyone know if I would be allowed to use FSX for recording and mixing video clips into my final cut?

If it's not so straight forward, then could it be possible to capture/record the aircraft orientation data (like a blackbox) so I can use the data as animation data from within Blender3d to render my scene?

Also how would I know which aircrafts I may use? Are there any models that are CC Zero?

Would cockpit scenes be the same as external scenes regarding usage licenses?

Thanks Very Much!!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Grant (Long-Distance) Trainee

Sorry for the horrible typos, after submitting I see I can't edit my own posts ("You cannot edit your posts in this forum"). 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can't see why you couldn't use it...but.
If you are investing a great deal of money in the film then I would contact Microsoft just to be sure.
Snail mail them, you want to have a hard copy of their answer.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...