FSX on laptops?

futurepilot Guest

My computer for games does not have the minimum system requirements for FSX. Would FSX work on a laptop?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
TJbaron Trainee

First of all FSX was built with the future in mind. Computers including laptops will obviously be faster a year from now. So will a laptop of today run FSX. The answer is yes, but graphics and traffic sliders won't be able to be put to full. I have a Dell XPS 1710 laptop. 2.16mhz (Dual Core CPU)
2gig of ram and a Nvidia 7900 GTX graphics card with 512 Ram. Though it isn't perfect I experience excellent graphics, desent frame rates, overall a great flying simulation.

Don't expect an older computer to be able to run FSX optimally. 2gig of memory are a minumum. The requirements on the box don't even come close to what you will need.
I hope this helps,
Regards, Tim

futurepilot Guest

TJbaron wrote:

First of all FSX was built with the future in mind. Computers including laptops will obviously be faster a year from now. So will a laptop of today run FSX. The answer is yes, but graphics and traffic sliders won't be able to be put to full. I have a Dell XPS 1710 laptop. 2.16mhz (Dual Core CPU)
2gig of ram and a Nvidia 7900 GTX graphics card with 512 Ram. Though it isn't perfect I experience excellent graphics, desent frame rates, overall a great flying simulation.

Don't expect an older computer to be able to run FSX optimally. 2gig of memory are a minumum. The requirements on the box don't even come close to what you will need.
I hope this helps,
Regards, Tim

It helps. Thanks! One more thing: How much would a good, worth the money, long lasting computer cost in the U.S.(a price range)?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

futurepilot wrote:

TJbaron wrote:

I hope this helps,
Regards, Tim

It helps. Thanks! One more thing: How much would a good, worth the money, long lasting computer cost in the U.S.(a price range)?

As much as you want to spend, you get more for your money with a desktop.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

Over here in New Zealand, A laptop that would support the requirements to play the game smoothly would cost around NZD$4000 🙄

futurepilot wrote:

Sadly there's no such thing as a long lasting computer. You can get a desktop for about $400 or so, and a laptop for around $1200.

Jack_guest Guest

I have an Acer Aspire 5672AWLMi.

With the details on 'Medium High' I have a framerate of app. 20. It works good!

Pro Member Trainee
gulli666 Trainee

I have a Medion laptop with AMD turion 64 and 1 gig of ram and 128 ati graphic and it runs OK, but not with all full traffic 😀

as long as the laptop does not use shared memory for the graphics, you should be able to play FSX with no problem.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Post Sp1, FSX on my laptop is VERY PLAYABLE!

Toshiba P100 Dual Intel T2300 , 1.67 GHz each "untouched"
1.00 GB ram. NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300

FSX Settings:
Graphics:HIGH >> Aircraft: MEDIUM HIGH >>Scenery: MEDIUM HIGH
Weather: HIGH >> Traffic: MEDIUM LOW
And I get at least 20fps in a dense area.

I'm running FSX with SP1 on an Evesham Voyager laptop - 2Ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb nVidia GTX 7800 video card and am getting very impressive results.

I'm hitting anywhere between 30 and 110 fps and everything's very smooth and "flyable".

I have fsx itself installed to a 400Gb external USB 2 hard drive.

Cheers,

Mark

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

I have an Alienware M9700 and FSX works well. $3,500.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...