Starting Point

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Is it possible to create a new starting point/airport with latitude/longitude?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Yes...

All you need to do is go to where you want to start, then click 'save flight' on the 'Flights' menu.

In that area should be a box which says 'Make default flight' make sure that box has a tick in it and then the next time you start FS it should have that flight loaded in the Create a Flight screen, so you can go straight there!

I think thats how it works anyway! If it doesnt, then go to select flight from the main screen, then find your saved flight and tick the box which says make default flight.

Guest Ed Guest

If you're asking how to move the aircraft to a specific latitude/longitude, you can do that in the "Map." Start a flight, click the Map icon on the instrument panel (looks like a star, actually a compass rose) and enter the lat/long position you want into the windows on the left. When you click okay, your plane will be moved to that position. For instance, I just opened a flight in Alaska, entered lat/long of 0 deg/ 0 deg, and found myself floating in the ocean off the west coast of Africa, on the equator and the prime meridian. Fortunately, I was in an amphious plane!

As far as creating an airport at that location, there are add-on programs for doing that, but I have no experience.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...