How do you change default starting position?

Jimsim Guest

I am getting to grips with FS2002. Can anyone tell me how I change the default starting position from the runway to the ramp please? Is it necessary to taxi from the runway at the start of a flight to the ramp before returning to the runway? Starting a flight from the runway throws ATC into disarray. Many thanks.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jimsim wrote:

I am getting to grips with FS2002. Can anyone tell me how I change the default starting position from the runway to the ramp please? Is it necessary to taxi from the runway at the start of a flight to the ramp before returning to the runway? Starting a flight from the runway throws ATC into disarray. Many thanks.

While in your 'Go to Airport' window, look for 'Runway/Starting Position'.
By default that's set to Active Runway but you can change it to Ramp or Gate of your choice - depending on the size of the airport.

Pro Member Trainee
Ian Forknall (IanUK) Trainee

Jimsim wrote:

When you are choosing the airport you want to fly from, on that same screen there is a drop down menu where you can select which runway you wish to use. With the larger airports, you can also select which gate you want to be parked at when you start. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...